Thursday, November 3, 2016

Shell Granny Square

Hello everyone, I'm here again :)

After finishing some orders, busy with kids as usual :) I came up with something, easy but beautiful pattern and I named it SHELL GRANNY SQUARE.



















I was browsing Pinterest and looking for cover for my Coffee table, husband bought it for me, I meant for us lol,  I can't find anything, although there are some beautiful patterns for table runner out there still can't find one.

Anyway, I am a member of one of the crochet group over Facebook and there was a lady posting a beautiful, yummylicious biscuit if I am not mistaken, and it really catches my eyes and decided to turn into a beautiful crochet. I really thank her for posting it <3.















Beautiful isn't it?

If you are familiar with granny square and shell pattern, this will be an easy pattern for you.

For the materials:
5mm hook
any 8 ply yarn (according to your choice)
scissor
yarn needle for weaving ends

To begin with:
Ch5,  join first st. to form a ring




















Row 1:  
Into the ring, work ch3 (dc, ch1,dc)
*ch2 (dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc)
repeat* until you have 4 groups of dc's
ch2, slip stitch top of ch3
Fasten off




















Row 2:
Change color, insert yarn and hook in any ch2 space,
(ch4,dc,ch1,dc, ch2, dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc) same space
*ch2, skip 3dc, dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc, ch2 , dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc)
repeat* 
ending with ch2, slip stitch to the top of ch3. (Total of 4 groups)
Fasten off




















Row 3:
Change color, insert yarn and hook in between of 3dc's group
(ch4,dc ch1 dc, ch2, dc ch1 dc ch1 dc) same space
*ch2, skip 3dc, dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc to the ch2 space
ch2, skip 3dc work ( dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc, ch2, dc,ch1,dc,ch1,dc) 
into ch2 space (middle of the 3dc's group) repeat* all around
ending with ch2, slip stitch to the top of ch3. Fasten off














*Note: 
  I am weaving the ends in this part or you can leave it to the end if you like.
  
  When you weave the first row, don't close it to the end.

leave the hole open




















Row 4:
For this row, we will do the shell pattern

 
Insert yarn and hook in the ch2 space (middle space of the 3dc's group)
 ch3, work 4dc same space, 
 sc in the 2nd dc of 3dc. 
 5dc to the ch2 space
 sc in the 2nd dc of 3dc
 *5dc to the ch2 space 
 sc in the 2nd dc of 3dc
 repeat* all around
including the 3dc's group.













ending with sc in the 2nd dc of 3dc, slip stitch to the top of ch3.
Fasten off, weave ends and you're done!













You can make as many as you want, that's what  I am doing for my coffee table, I will post my finished cover when done.

Hope you all like my pattern, if you find some mistake, please let me know and I am happy to fix it. :)
 

Happy hooking!!!


MILINA






2 comments:

  1. I love the shell as the final round of the granny. So pretty. I'd love to know how you decide to join them.. I'm following you and will enjoy looking through your other posts. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane, thank you for the compliment, I'm glad you like it. I am joining it now and hopefully can publish it later.

    ReplyDelete